WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform which like WordPress is an open management source and is completely free to use. It easy to use and with just a few steps you can create your own online store on your WordPress website. In this tutorial, you will be guided on how to add WooCommerce pages like Shop, cart, checkout, and account page.
There are two ways to add WooCommerce Pages i.e.:
- Automatically via Onboarding Wizard
- Manually setting up the pages.
We will begin our tutorial with the installation and activation of the WooCommerce Plugin.
Install and Activate WooCommerce
To create an eCommerce store using the WooCommerce plugin, navigate to the Plugins option from your dashboard. Click on the Add New option and enter WooCommerce in the search bar.
WooCommerce plugin will appear first in the search result. Click on the install and then click the activate option to activate the plugin on your WordPress Website.
Adding Store Pages
Adding the following pages is the first step in WooCommerce:
- Shop – this page requires no content and products are displayed here.
- Cart – this page contains a shortcode and is used to help customers to manage their order.
- Checkout – This is page contains a shortcode and display billing and order proceeding options.
- My Account – this page also contains a shortcode and displays the customer’s profile information.
You just have to click on the Continue option and WooCommerce will add these pages for you.
Manually Adding WooCommerce Pages
In case you skip the onboarding wizard to create pages, you can then manually add these pages using the below steps;
- First of all, navigate to WooCommerce >> Status>> tools>> use the page installer tool.
Add Shop Page:
To configure the Shop page navigate to WooCommerce and then click on the Settings option. Now click on the Product option and from the drop-down menu select which page you want as your shop page.
And then scroll down to click on the Save Changes option to save your settings.
Adding Cart, Checkout, and Account Pages
To configure the cart, checkout, and account pages, click on WooCommerce and then navigate to the Settings option and then click on the Advanced option to open the page setup menu.
Now to add the cart page, from the drop-down menu, select the cart page.
Similarly, to set the checkout page and account page, select the pages from the drop-down menu.
Finally, scroll down and click on the Save Changes option to save the pages.
You can also run the onboarding wizard again if you skip it after installing the WooCommerce plugin. To do so follow the below steps;
- Navigate to Woocommerce
- Open any option/page let say the Order option.
- Now click on the help option
- Now click on Setup Wizard and then again click on the Setup Wizard option. the Wizard will start again.