GeneratePress is a lightweight, fastest, free and responsive WordPress theme which was created by Tom Usborne. It is not only the fastest and lightest theme, but also provides high performance.
Themes play a vital role in every website as it houses the different parts of website that gives the look to your website. GeneratePress is an HTML validated theme to insure SEO capabilities. It also provides the right amount of customization options, in addition to ensuring a secure, optimized and stable website for you.
It is one of the best, high-performance and fastest themes that are best suited for a startup.
GeneratePress comes in both freemium and premium versions to provide better customization options.
Free and Premium Versions
GereratePress theme comes in two versions;
- Free Version which is absolutely free
- Premium Version which provides better customization options
The freemium version use the default WordPress customizer to customize your website. But with premium version you can get access to its 14 Premium modules which can help you make your website appearance and performance better.
These 14 modules can help you to design your website. The 14 Premium modules are discussed here in detail;
GeneratePress Premium Modules
- Background – this module allows you to upload and customize background images throughout your website to different elements.
- Blog – Allows you to display your post in masonry or column i.e. it provide image control, its size and alignment & more.
- Color – it provides 60 different color schemes to let you customize color of any element.
- Copyright – Allows you to add or edit your own custom copyright message at the bottom of your website.
- Disable Elements – it let you disable or deactivate elements on certain oages of the theme. You can disable header, content title, footer, etc. at one click.
- Elements – this module allows you to add or design your page or post. You csn add custom content throughout various pages in the theme.
- Menu Plus – it allows you to add sticky menu, off canvas navigation, mobile header, menu logo and more.
- Secondary Nav – as the name suggests, it allows you to add or create a secondary navigation element having all the option as primary menu.
- Sections – to build unique layout, this module allows you to create sections inside pages.
- Site Library – 45+ demo sites which can be imported to give you a headstart for you next project.
- Spacing – this module controls element spacing, sizes padding and margins of the header, footer, content, widgets, navigation menu, & sidebar width.
- Typography – it allows you to choose fonts from 70+ different fonts options to give a compete control over the
- WooCommerce – it allows you to take control of your WooCommerce site to a next level with the color, layout and typography options.
- Import/Export – with this module you can easily import or export your settings.
The pricing starts from free for freemium version to $59 for Premium version with 40% discount on renewal.
To install GeneratePress theme, stick to the given steps;
Step 1: From your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance.
Step 2: In the Appearance, click on Themes. On the next screen you will see the already installed themes.
Step 3: now click on Add New button to add the GeneratePress theme. In the search bar enter GeneratePress.
Step 4: lastly, click install button to install the theme and then click activate.
Installing GeneratePress Premium
After installing the free version, you might want to avail the premium version of this super light, fastest and popular theme. Lets install the GeneratePress premium version step by step;
- Visit the official website of GeneratePress.
- On the home page of the official GeneratePress website, you will see two options i.e. Install and Premium. Click on the Premium button and the click Get it Now.
3. You will be directed to the Premium Plans. Here you will see two Premium Plans; Yearly and Lifetime.
The pricing of yearly plan is $59 while that of the Lifetime plan is $249.
4. Choose the plan you desire and click Get Started. You will be directed to the Checkout On the checkout page you will have to provide some basic details along with payment information.
5. Enter the Payment details and click
The Premium Version will be downloaded to you device as a Plugin. Now you need to install the plugin to avail this premium version. you are done with downloading the GP Premium plugin.
- To add the Premium Version to your website. Go to Plugins and click Add New
- On the Add New screen you will see Upload Plugin option. Click Upload Plugin
- Now search for the gp-premium.zip file in your downloads. And click Install Now.
- Now to activate the GeneratePress Premium Modules, navigate to Appearance and click
- Now you can activate the modules individually on your site. To activate WooCommerce module you will have to install WooCommerce Plugin.
When it comes to Performance, the GeneratePress theme is high-rated due to its best performance. This theme gives rated as fastest theme on Google insight which means that its performance is very high i.e. its page loading time is the fastest.
As compared to other themes the loading speed of the Generate Press theme is fast even in shared hosting.
GeneratePress comes with a feature that automatically generates Dynamic CSS. Plus, the module designer is the best as you can activate and deactivate the modules you are not using.
GeneratePress works with developers like Elementor and Beaver.
Its features can be divided into two forms;
- Performance Based
- User Experience Based
The Performance Based Features
The features which makes the GeneratePress theme a High Performance theme are;
- Light–weight – it is the lightest multipurpose theme. It adds up less than 10kb to your site so that the site loads within 2seconds. It comes with no jQuery dependency.
- Secure and Stable – it comes with a stable and latest coding standard which makes
- Speed – not only the GeneratePress theme is the lightest theme but it also is the fastest theme with loading time less than 2seconds.
- Responsive – it is a fully responsive theme and is built on Flexbox Grid
- SEO Optimized – as mentioned earlier, the GeneratePress theme is HTML validated theme and is fully SEO optimized theme or SEO friendly theme.
- Mobile-Friendly – due to its light weigh, GeneratePress loads faster, making it a mobile-friendly theme.
GeneratePress User Experience Based Features
The User- friendly features of GeneratePress are as follow;
- Guarantee – It provides a 30days money-back guarantee
- Compatibility – GeneratePress theme is fully compatible with all the necessary plugins required for your website performance. You wont face any compatibility issue while installing plugins with GeneratePress theme.
- User Control – GeneratePress allows its users to fully control the appearance of their website by providing color, typography and layout control. It let you change the typography and color of your theme (and elements in premium version). It also provide full control over site layout.
- Hooks and filters – it provides tons of hooks and filters to customize your website.
- Translation Ready – it is translated into over 20 languages and can support RTL languages.
- Page Builder Compatible – GeneratePress is fully compatible with page builders such as Elementor and Beaver.
Lets have a look at the Pros of using GeneratePress, the fastest theme
- Compatible with plugins and page builders
- Affordable Pricing
- 30 days money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- High performance
- Fastest loading time
- Extensive documentation
- No Upselling
- WooCommerce compatible
- Site library
- Developer friendly
Let’s have a look at the negative side of using GeneratePress;
- Limitations in Free Version
- Fewer options for third party integration
GeneratePress is truly the fastest theme of WordPress. Its loading time is fast as compared to other themes. It outdates other themes because of its features and performance.