How to set up and integrate stripe credit card payment with WooCommerce
If you are trying to find a way to set up and integrate stripe credit card payment with WooCommerce, then you are in right place. In this blog, I will teach you how to configure your eCommerce store to be able to provide your customer with a Credit Card payment facility. We will use a stripe on WooCommerce to integrate credit card payment.
Using WordPress with WooCommerce for creating your eCommerce website is highly recommended because it is an easy and fast way to create blogs, pages, and develop your website. WooCommerce simplifies your store management, selling your products, and the design of your eCommerce website.
The WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin will help us to integrate and set up Credit card payment with WooCommerce.
Stripe helps you to design the payment method according to your customer’s demand and need. It can help to grow your business. It is the best platform to manage and grow your online store. You can also optimize the conversion of currency. This platform can is easy to use and with every update, it brings more improvement. This platform can help you to grow your business and is secure both for you and your customer.
Stripe for WooCommerce;
Stripe is not only free but also secure. Customers can save their Credit card payment details for future use. It also provides subscription service and refund services. There is more to this- stripe is free to use for WooCommerce and also it is easy to set up.
Create a Stripe Account:
To start, first thing first, you need to sign up for Stripe Account. Create your Stripe account and then continue with API keys by clicking on Use the Stripe API. Now on the dashboard of your account, you will see API test keys. Keep them secure you will need them in further steps. Activate your stripe account by confirming through the email you provided. After activation, you will need to provide details about your business. After confirmation of your account activation will be able to access the API test keys. Click on the Developer in the left corner menu and then click API keys. Now click on the Reveal live key token. You will need both keys to connect to your store. Now you need to install and activate the Stripe plugin on your WooCommerce and further process the setting up of credit card payment service. To do so follow the below steps:
From your WordPress dashboard go to plugins, then click Add New Plugin and search for WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway, install and activate it. Once activated, you need to set up a few options before Setting up the credit card service.
In Dashboard, go to WooCommerce setting, and then click on the tab, Checkout. You will be needed to set up API keys before setting up the credit card service. For Credit card payment service, click on Strip payment under the Checkout tab. Here you can also choose whether to enable Stripe or disable it. Configure the below settings,
- Stripe Payment: tick this box if you want to enable the service.
- Title: enter a title for the payment method which will be visible on the checkout page.
- Description: provide a description of the method.
- Preferred Cards: if this option appears you can choose the desired card for payment.
Supported Cards are:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Preferred Locale: select a language.
Now you need the API publishable keys and Secret keys. Copy those keys from your Stripe account and paste them in the below-mentioned fields
- Test Mode: enable the required API mode for the payment gateway. Text mode is used for testing purposes to check for purchasing using stripe and requires the API test keys.
- Live Mode: live mode enables the actual purchasing and requires live keys provided by stripe.
Now it is time to set up stipe actions. Configure the below settings.
- Capture Payment: Selecting this will enable us to capture payment immediately when order is place. Otherwise, you can manually capture payments in Stripe Overview Page.
- Currency Conversion: Selecting this option will enable to convert the payment to the desired currency using Google Finance,
- Conversion description: here you can provide a description for your currency conversion. It will be visible to customers.
- Restrict Cards: This option is for restricting cards for payment that are not selected in desired card types.
- Email Transaction Receipt: This option is for sending transaction receipts using stripe to customers via email.
In this step, you have to do a few set-ups to add more functionality to Stripe. Follow the below settings;
- Checkout Form description: description for checkout form.
- Ask Billing Address: enabling this option will ask for billing addresses from customers.
- Stripe Checkout Image: Select an image or your well-defined logo to appear.
- Stripe Save Cards: enabling this option will save customer’s card details for future use. Remember me option will appear to customers on the checkout form for saving details.
Last but not the least, click the option, Save Changes to save your setup.
Now it is time to check the Stripe Checkout process. In the checkout form, you will see all the desired or preferred cards. Click on the pay vie stripe option. Enter your details and then click on the option pay to finish the payment process.
Setting and integrating Credit card payment using stripe in WooCommerce is an easy process and by just following a few steps, you can configure your settings and provide a Credit card payment facility to your customers and hence can grow your online store or business.