WooCommerce Vendors means to turn your WooCommerce store into a multi vendors platform where vendors can sell their own products or you can assign them products and you have full control over the commission.
With WooCommerce multi- vendors turn you store into a market-place where vendors display their products on the page assign to them.
To turn you store into a multi-vendors market place you need few things;
- Your WordPress website along with WooCommerce installed.
- PayPal account – setup PayPal account before setting up WooCommerce Vendors
- WC Product Vendor Extension
Why WC Product Vendor?
- Set a market place to sell anything
- Sell your own product along side other vendors
- Set commissions rates
- Let vendors sell their own products
Cost of WooCommerce Product vendor is $79 per year with 30 days money-back guarantee and one year of support and updates.
Installation of Product Vendors Extension
Before installation of the Product Vendors extension, you need to purchase the extension from here
After purchase, you can download the .zip file of the Product Vendors plugin from your WooCommerce account. Now follow the given steps to install the plugin;
- Navigate to Plugins from you WordPress Admin section or dashboard.
- Click on Add New > Upload Plugin
- Click on Choose File and then upload the downloaded .zip file.
- Now click Activate to activate the extension.
Setup Vendors Using Product Vendors
Now to setup multi vendors market place in WooCommerce, stick to the blog;
- Navigate to WooCommerce from you dashboard and open
- Now click Products
- Then open Vendors You will see Vendors payout schedule option. Under drop-down menu two options will be given for setting frequency of commissions.
- Manual – manual payment of commission
- Weekly, Bi-weekly and Monthly – frequency for commission payment which sets automatic payout of commission.
- PayPal Mass Payouts Payments Environment: from the drop-down menu you can two modes, Sandbox and Sandbox mode is used to test payouts.
Under both modes, you will need to set the following two options;
- PayPal Payouts Payment API Client ID
- PayPal Payouts Payment API Client Secret
- Next, you have to set up Default Commission – commission paid to vendors.
- Then, set Commission Type that whether default commission is fixed or percentage.
- After configuring and setting all the option, click on the Save Changes option to save your settings.
How to Create Vendors?
Now you can create vendors by two methods;
- Registration form
- Manually added by admin
1. Registration Form
To create a registration form to let vendors get register on your website to sell products, create a page in WordPress;
- Go to Pages from you WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on Add New.
- Fill the shortcode [wcpv_registration] on the page.
- Now click
Now when a vendor submit the registration form, as admin you will receive an email notification. And an account will be created for the vendor. You can assign other roles to the vendor under Vendor Admin Section.
2. Manual Method
Manually you can add vendor by given method;
- Navigate to Products and click on Vendors
- Now assign a role such as Vendor Manager or Vendor Admin role to the vendor user.
- Click on a vendor> vender admin field> email/user name of the vendor to add as admin.
- Now look for Vendor Management to allow users to Publish Products and Manage Customers. The Publish Product permission allows the user to publish their products while the Manage Customers option allows them to manage the customers. It does not give them access to administrator user.
The Vendor is not approved to use and manage the store until you assign them Vendor manager role or vendor admin role. After approval an email is sent to them.
Following are Vendors settings specified to each vendor;
- Name – vendor name
- Slug – internal name for vendor
- Notes – added and viewed only by store owners
- Vendor logo – display image added by vendor admin
- Vendor profile – added by vendor admin
- Vendor email – vendor’s list of emails
- Commission – set by store owner
- Commission type – set by store owner
- Pass Shipping – tick the option to let vendor pay the shipping charges
- Tax handling – how you want to handle your tax.
- Instant Payout – when enabled, immediately release payments to the vendors after order is placed. PayPal account is required.
- PayPal Email – Email Address of vendor to collect commission.
- Show per product shipping rules – allows vendors to add shipping rules of their own on their products
- Enable booking feature – it let the vendors to use bookings.
Adding or Uploading product to the multi vendors marketplace using Product Vendors is quite similar to uploading product to your WooCommerce Store.
The product list of the vendors can be filtered by the admin.
A Vendor Admin has permission to trash products but a Vendor Manager cannot.
Product Editing by Store Owner
Store owner need to configure the following Product settings;
- Commissions – Only a Store Owner can add Product Level Commission which over rides Vendor Level commission and Default Commission.
- Pass Shipping – this option is set by the Store owner to pass the cost of shipping to the vendors.
- Tax Handling – the store owner can handle tax in three ways;
- Keep Taxes: Store owner can keep all the taxes. Commission is calculated based on the product price only.
- Pass Taxes: All taxes are included in the vendors commission.
- Split Taxes: Commission is calculated from the price of product and taxes
- Product Vendors Widget Dropdown: Shows the Vendors’ association with the product when the upload their product.
Product Editing by Vendors
Vendor Manager can edit or upload products to the market place. Vendors needs approval by the shop owner after product submission. Once they upload a product, an email message or notification is sent to the Owner of the store to approve their product.
Store owner can change these settings here;
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to
- Click on the Vendor
- From drop-down menu change the Need Approval option to Allow.
Now vendors would be able to submit or upload their product without the approval of the shop owner.
WooCommerce Vendor creates a multi vendors market place for vendors to sale their product and earn money without creating their own website. With WooCommerce Product vendors you can create your own market place like Etsy, Daraz, etc. You can also read our blog ( link here) to learn how to set WooCommerce Store.